Tuesday, December 30, 2008

wearing muppets on your feet


So I am out to lunch the other day with my dear friend and the woman behind me is wearing these on her feet. In her defense, hers were black. She was wearing them with one of those velour lounge outfits from Victoria's secret with gold writing on her behind. She was also sporting a black velvet headband with a bow. Lets start at the top. I occasionally pull a Blair and wear headband but a headband (especially one with a bow) is a lot of accessory for a grown-up and everything else you are wearing had better be understated. Second- those lounge outfits are called that for a reason- they are for lounging and no adult should ever leave the house with anything written on her behind. Especially when said lounge outfit is tucked into a pair of Muppets. What did the Muppets ever do to you?! I personally boycott anything made out of a delightful children's character as a matter of conscience.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Brings to mind the song Fuzzy and Blue. Poor Grover and Cookie, I can feel them cringing as I look at these boots.

Linn said...

Oh dear sake's alive. Yup, that about sums it up.

erin said...

I think nobody should leave the house with something written on their backside. Girls who wear those drive me crazy!!

Amber said...

Muppets - perfect description.