Monday, July 21, 2008

fairy princess


Yesterday I finally got to wear the gold shoes I blogged about here. I wore them to church on a day when I took my two little boys-by myself. Taking my boys to church by myself is sort of like taking monkeys to church. My three-year-old is pretty good but yesterday he was feeling a little needy and grouchy and my ten-month old simply never stops moving, he climbs all over me and the pew for the entire meeting. They have a tendency to want to go opposite directions. I always finish the first meeting feeling frazzled and there are still two more hours to go. Luckily I was wearing what I have taken to calling my princess shoes (a suggestion from my three- year-old). They sparkled and shined through all three meetings and made me feel pretty even though I was a tiny bit overwhelmed. Thank heaven for pretty shoes. Sometimes they are the only thing that gets me through church.

3 comments:

Regi said...

I love it...Monkeys to church what a great analogy. I really love nursery. The only hard part now is trying to keep Reese from screaming I want to go to nursery all thru the first hour. Love the princess shoes!

Carrie said...

Those princess shoes must have magic powers!

Dena said...

I have felt the same about a little somthing something. It really does give you magic powers to do a little something something, when you wear a little something something.

Love, Mom